The 89th Stoke Sea Scout troop meet weekly at our Hanford HQ on a Wednesday night, between 7:15 and 9:15 pm.
Joint Scout Leaders Alex and Georgia are supported by a diverse team of people that bring a variety of skills and knowledge to Scouting. The troop explore the local community, through outings to Hanchurch Woods, Trentham Lake and more.
The Scouts take part in a range of section, group and district camps traveling to sites such as Rudyard, Consall, Kibblestone and expeditions.
What don’t Scouts do? At this age, we encourage our Scouts to take responsibility for themselves and each other, with patrol leaders leading a small teams. We push boundaries and make friends along the way.
In the Scouts you can:
- Develop leadership skills
- Practice emergency aid
- Craft your way to the future – become a candle maker, or drive a cardboard train
- Learn practical skills – from map reading to sewing
- Cook, indoors, outdoors or even over a fire (we love them marshmallows!)
- Conquer adventurous and sporting activities – from archery to sailing
- Master survival skills – shelter building and firelighting
- Spend nights away – including expeditions and Summer Camps