The Osprey Explorers meet weekly at our Hanford HQ on a Monday night, between 8:00 and 10:00 pm.
Join Explorer Leader Hannah and the team to explore the local community, through outings to Hanchurch Woods, Trentham Lake and more.
The Explorers take part in a range of section, group and district camps traveling to sites such as Rudyard, Consall, Kibblestone and expeditions.
Let’s face it, by the age of 14, most young people know what they want. Explorer Scouts therefore have a big say in what they do, while being supported by adult volunteers. Unit members:
- Get to try activities such as power boating, sailing, snow and motor sports
- Deliver campsite services – running activities or helping with site maintenance
- Fundraise and help in the community
- Go on camping expeditions in the UK and abroad
- Go for The Queen’s Scout Award, Duke of Edinburgh Bronze, Silver and Gold and the Explorer Belt (a 10 day challenge abroad) – all recognised by universities and employers
- Train as young leaders – working with an experienced adult, they learn how to run activities for young people aged 6 – 14.