The 89th Stoke Sea Scout Group is part of the Three Towns District in Staffordshire. It has thriving Beaver, Cub and Scout Sections, as well as a Partnership Agreement with the Lawrence Fleet Explorer Unit.
The Group was founded by Lawrence Fleet in 1933 as a Rover Crew. It soon expanded to include Scouts and Senior Scouts. In 1960 it acquired a base on the eastern shore of Rudyard Lake near Leek.
Up until 2011 the group met in and around the Penkhull and Stoke-upon-Trent areas. In 2010 the group was offered a vacant scout hut in Diarmid Road, Hanford. A lot of effort was put in by the leaders and parents to "do up" the new Headquarters. In Novemver 2011 the group's sections moved into the new building.